- Course: Baking
- Add to favorites
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 2/3 cups (1lb 8oz/680g) Self raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3/4 cup (6oz/170g) butter, frozen
- 3 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup (4oz/113g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (4oz/113g) raisins/sultanas
- 1 1/4 cup (10floz/300ml) milk
- 2 eggs , beaten
- In a large mixing bowl, add self raising flour.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the butter in until it is all gone. (alternatively using a pastry cutter, cut/rub butter into flour until fully crumbed and resembles course breadcrumbs.
- Stir in raisins, baking powder and sugar.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk and until thoroughly combined. Pour mix into flour mix and stir until a soft dough is formed. Transfer dough to a floured surface and press to 1 1/2 inch thick. (if your scones are not forming a dough add a little more liquid)
- Cut scones out with a round 3 inch cookie cutter.
- Place cut scones onto a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Gather remaining dough in a ball, re-flatten then cut scones from dough. Repeat until entire batch of dough is cut into scones. If you have a little excess dough left, just pat it onto the top of the scones.
- Bake at 425oF (210oC) for roughly 22-26 minutes. In the video it said 12 minutes but to get them really golden brown you will want to bake for longer. Cool on wire rack.