Chocolate Dipped Macaroons2020-07-07
- Course: Baking
- Add to favorites
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 14-oz desiccated coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut, condensed milk and vanilla extract and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Use a spatula to fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Form heaped tablespoons of the mixture into mounds on the prepared baking trays, spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, turning the trays if required until the macaroons are golden. Let cool on the trays for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second blasts, until just melted and stir to remove any lumps. Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in the chocolate, letting any excess drip back into the bowl, and return to the lined baking sheets. Place the macaroons in the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container.