- Course: Baking
- Add to favorites
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 14oz sugar
- 4 eggs
- 400ml/14oz vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 14oz plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice or cinnamon
- 14oz carrots (finely grated)
- 4oz raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 lb 4 oz icing sugar, sifted
- 480g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4oz/120g ) butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together sugar, eggs, and oil until thick.
- Then add in flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix gently
- Lastly, add in the grated carrots and raisins and mix in until well combined.
- Grease and line a 9” tin.
- Pour mixture into tin and place in the oven at 170°C for 70- 80 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean).
- Leave to cool in tin for 10mins then turn onto a cooling rack.
- When cool slice the cake into layers
Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
- To prepare the frosting: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer cream cheese and butter until smooth. Then slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla until it is smooth and creamy (do not overbeat). Chill until needed.
- Decorate the cake