Butter Tart Slice2019-11-09
- Course: Baking
- Add to favorites
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
8oz all purpose flour
28g powdered icing sugar
4oz unsalted butter cold, cubed
1-2 tablespoons cold water optional
- 2oz butter unsalted
- 10oz brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- optional: 2oz raisins
- Line a 9×13″ pan and line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar.
- Cut butter into icing sugar and flour with a pastry cutter or your hands until pea-sized lumps of butter remain. When you grab a handful and squeeze, you want it to hold together. If it doesn’t hold together, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Dump flour mixture into pan and press down evenly to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your filling. In a medium bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
- Whisk in brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then add the vinegar and vanilla. Stir in raisins if using.
- Pour over crust and bake another 25-30 minutes until filling is set or almost set — a slight jiggle is fine but you don’t want a lot of movement. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate several hours before slicing.